|Full Face Lift||259000|
|Midface & Neck Lift||205000|
What is a face lift?
A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is done to improve facial features due to aging. What we do is to remove excess fat and tighten the facial muscles and skin to reverse the effect of aging and create a younger and fresher look. A facelift will reduce the creases and wrinkles caused from aging or even stress.
Types of facelift are:
- Forehead Lift
- Midface Lift
- Neck Lift
- Midface- & Neck Lift
- Full Facelift
How to do a face lift
When you do a face lift you are under general anesthetic and that means you are asleep and can not feel or remember anything from the surgery. Depending on how big of a face lift you are doing it can take up to 3 to 4 hours. the method of doing it depends on what the surgeons preferred method is and the placement of the incisions depends a lot on your own face and the surgeons technique.
Incisions usually start from the temples above the hairline and continue in front of the ears before going behind the earlobe and down to the lower scalp. Next the surgeon will loosen the skin from the fat an muscles before tightening the underlying muscles before he puts the skin back and removes excess skin. If you at the same time have a necklift you will get a small incision under the chin.
What Things can I do to Prepare for Face lift?
There are general guidelines to follow to prepare for a plastic surgery. You will also get more instructions from the surgeon on the consultation. Normally the basic guidelines are easy to follow and will help you get a better result.
- Have a balanced diet so your body will be strong and not lack in strength. This will help you endure the surgery and recover better.
- If you keep fit and work out your body will have it easier to recover after the surgery.
- Stop using things like tobacco and alcohol at least two weeks before and after the surgery to improve the recovery and health.
- Make sure you inform the surgeon if you take any medication or just vitamins / supplements since it can be very important for the safety of the surgery and recovery.
What are the risks and complications with a face lift
Facelifts today are quite safe and the success rate is very high but it is important to remember that there are some risks. It is surgery and every surgery means a risk. Some of the risks can be:
- A bad reaction to anesthesia. Most regular people have no problem at all and it is considered to be one of the safest things done at a surgery. If you have had any family members that have reacted badly before, please let the surgeon know.
- Bleeding during surgery. It is very important to inform the surgeon about any vitamins or other supplements that you take so the surgeon can advice you what to do before the surgery to prevent this situation.
- Deep vein thrombosis & Blood clots. If you are up and about soon after the surgery the risk minimizes and helps recovery.
- Delayed healing. Having good health and not using tobacco is good for your healing and recovery so make sure to stop smoking at least 2 weeks before and after the surgery.
- Breathing difficulty after surgery. Deep breath will keep your lungs clear and healthy. But this might be uncomfortable so it is important to not do shallow breathing.
- Infections. You will get antibiotic before and after the surgery but don’t forget to take care of yourself and stay clean to minimize the risks.
A complication is not common and if you follow the surgeons advice and directions after the surgery you will minimize the risks even more.
A normal side effect with a facelift is bruising and swelling. This is normal and just temporary even if it will take up to 6 months to get the final results and recovery. Bruising and swelling can be helped with medication and instructions from the surgeon.
Will a face lift leave a scar?
Scarring is always a concern when doing a plastic surgery procedure but scars from plastic surgery is usually flat and will fade over time so they are almost invisible when it is healed.
The scars are normally at places so they can can concealed naturally. The surgeons will do everything to make the scars as invisible as they possible can. The progress in plastic surgery techniques will also continue to make surgery results better and better.
What happens after a face lift surgery?
Already the day after the surgery you should be up and move around. This will help you recover and minimize complications
Do not strain yourself for the first couple of weeks. Make sure to take it easy with the face since it will be tender.
Stay at least for 10 days in Bangkok to be able to have both the surgery and the post-op examination with the surgeon so he can check up on you and take the stitches.